Thursday 5 March 2009

Introduction

After a previous (failed) attempt at creating a blog about my dogs, I thought I'd give it another go!  Hopefully with a bit more resolve this time!

I think I should begin by introducing them individually, so that if anyone does eventually read this, it won't be so confusing!

----------------------------------------------------------

Tachnamadra Tartan Embers - Ash

Ash is a blue merle Shetland Sheepdog from a wonderful breeder, Maureen Bywater, in Yorkshire.  Ash has passed his Kennel Club Good Citizen Bronze, Silver and Gold tests and is currently excelling at his agility training.  

He is an incredibly friendly, loving little fluff ball and would sell his soul to anyone for a piece of food!  He was our first dog and we got him when we bought our first house. 

Getting Ash was one of the best decisions we have ever made, not only because he is an absolutely fabulous dog who has never caused us a moments trouble and has given us nothing but love, but because his breeder is always there for me to give me advice, and to share in our wins and our failures. 

---------------------------------------------------------

Foxearth Follow Me - Trent

Trent is a tricolour Smooth Collie, raised by Geoff Hyde and his lovely wife, but is technically a Foxearth dog. 

Trent is MY dog through and through, and although he is very friendly and loving towards anyone he meets, there is no one he would rather be with than me.

Trent has passed his Kennel Club Good Citizen Bronze and Silver tests and is being trained for Canine Freestyle.  I would also like to do agility with him at some point, as he is an incredibly fast and driven dog.

----------------------------------------------------------

Stillmoor Winter Sun - Indie

Indie is our third and final dog, our baby girl.  Indie is a red merle Border Collie bred by Paula Ackary of Stillmoor.  I knew I wanted a Border Collie specifically for training in heelwork to music and freestyle, so to enquire with Stillmoor was the obvious choice!

She is the most over-friendly dog I have ever met.  If you ask her for a hug, she will practically wrap her paws around your waist!  She is incredibly intelligent and can learn new things in a shockingly short amount of time.  She can still be really silly, squeaky and over excited when meeting new people and dogs, but this has improved with age and I'm sure will continue to do so.

Indie has passed her Kennel Club Good Citizen Bronze and Silver tests and is being trained for canine freestyle and heelwork to music.  I am entering her into her first competition in April.

----------------------------------------------------------

I often laugh to myself in my head when people say, "Oh you've got your hands full!" when they find out I've got 3 dogs, as they have never been any trouble.  We've never had our house or posessions chewed to shreds, our dogs and cats love each other so much that I often say that it's like something out of a Disney film and the dogs also adore and protect my chickens that free range around the garden.  My dogs completely enrich my life and I couldn't live without them.

I think that's a sufficient introduction to my doggies!  I should also mention that I train with, and highly recommend, Ichthus Canine Centre.



No comments:

Post a Comment