Monday 23 March 2009

Mother's Day

We went over to visit Matt's mum in Swinstead on Sunday afternoon.  What I had assumed was going to be a quiet visit, turned into a 2 hour dog walk!  We didn't even go inside the house, straight away Matt's mum got 2 of her dogs, Chelsea (a Miniature Poodle x Lhasa Apso) and Cilla (Chelsea's daughter), and Matt's sister Katie and her fiance Brett brought their gorgeous Labrador Codie. 

I hadn't quite expected this, so I was absolutely freezing cold in the chilling wind, only wearing a pair of combat trousers, flat, strappy sandals and a long top!  

The dogs had a great time and they all got on really well.  Codie had a hoop toy that she carried, and wanted thrown for her, constantly.  Trent thought about trying to steal it from her a few times, but all it took was a little growl from her for him to decide it wasn't worth it.  On a couple of occasions, Indie lay down on top of the hoop so Codie couldn't pick it up, and there was a slight "dominant bitch face off", but it never lead to anything.

We eventually reached the big lake at Grimsthorpe Castle.  Codie and Indie were straight in the water, swimming off to fetch sticks.  Trent and Ash paddled around up to their tummies but refused to go any further, and Cilla and Chelsea would not even leave the bank!  Prissy girls!  

We had a slight panic on the way back, as Cilla and Chelsea decided to disappear off after pheasants, which could have got us in huge trouble with the gamekeeper, had we been seen.  They eventually came back of their own accord, as it seemed no amount of us all calling and shouting was going to make any difference.  

Despite my inappropriate footwear, and my discomfort (especially when walking through stinging nettles!), we had a great time and I can't believe we haven't all walked together before!

The dogs were absolutely out for the count when we got home, they all slept really deeply!  That may have ran over slightly to today, as when I got home from work at around 10.30am, Ash was fast asleep on top of Trent's crate, with the cats on top of him, and he didn't even notice I was there until I went into the conservatory to let them into the garden!  Bless!  It was absolutely adorable, I even managed to snap a photo on my phone through the glass doors, although sadly my phone is not co-operating and I can't get it onto the computer!  

Not really done anything of particular interest today.  I took Ash and Trent out for a walk together and took Indie seperately.  If I take Indie out with the boys then I can't focus on her enough to ensure she is constantly walking on a loose lead.  I'd rather take two lovely, relaxing and enjoyable walks than just one where I am being dragged down the street!

1 comment:

  1. Whoops. I didn't realise who you were until Jan pointed out to me this morning that the Lucy following my blog was the same one that went to classes. :)

    Great to have another dog blog to read...

    ReplyDelete