Sunday 15 March 2009

It was the monthly ICC adult dog social walk yesterday, and I decided to just take Indie along with me this time.  When we got out of the car she was initially her manic, squeaky self, but as soon as we got walking that all changed.  I let her off the lead and she was really well behaved for the entire walk.  The only problem we had was that the other dogs seemed to target her (not in an aggressive way, just very, very interested and playful), and she was rolling on her back left, right and centre to submit to them!  I went home with a very dirty dog as she was rolling on her back in wet mud!  

She eventually decided to stand up for herself a bit and told the other dogs where to go, which helped a lot, and she finally enjoyed the rest of the walk without spending most of her time on her back with her legs in the air!  

My mum and dad came over to visit from Birmingham today and brought Izzy, their Shih Tzu.  I love seeing Izzy, she is the most adorable little pooch in the world!  After an initial sniff, my dogs completely ignored her, which was good!  Izzy isn't so good with other dogs, not aggressive, but just has no idea how to behave.

When I brought Indie in, I asked my parents to completely ignore her no matter what, and this worked very well as she settled quickly and ended up spending most of the day asleep. 

I took my parents to Horbling Nature Reserve for a walk with all the dogs.  It was really nice, my dogs had a great time, and ran around and played rough together without interfering with Izzy. 

After my parents left, I did a bit more training with the dogs for our freestyle routines.  I am really quite panic stricken about it!  I sent my entries off so there is no going back now, but I am just scared that my dogs are going to ignore me in the ring and I'll be really embarassed!!

1 comment:

  1. They won't lucy, they'll do you proud (or i hope they will now i've said that!) I have every faith in you and the doglets :D

    See, i told you i'd read your blog ;)

    ReplyDelete