Tuesday 10 March 2009

Today I have continued clicker training the dogs with the target stick. Trent and Indie are making progress, but Ash seems to be a bit behind them.  He is still too focused on the fact that I have food somewhere on my person to do much more than prod the end of the target stick with his nose for a split second.. he just stares at me!  I've been throwing food away when I click, to try to discourage his fixation on me.  

I have had a few opportunities today to click and reward for a bit of trotting pace with Indie and Trent.  It looks so gorgeous, I really want to achieve this with my dogs.  

Having spent so much time (and half a block  of cheese!) training with the target stick however, means I neglected to continue working on my freestyle routine with Indie today.  I feel a bit stupid about that now, as I've got a heelwork to music lesson tomorrow and could have done with having a solid routine to practise.  I will try to get it worked out tomorrow before the class, but I have a couple of other committments tomorrow also which means I will be having a non-stop busy day! 

We didn't have a particularly special walk today, we just walked around the village for a while and let the dogs off to run and play in the paddock next to the village hall.

No comments:

Post a Comment